August, the month of adventure

It is August, the month of adventure (as it tends to be in my experience).

    And as the days count down to my leaving date, the details of leaving present themselves more pertinent. Things such as "how is this fitting in the car?" and "Who is going to take care of my goldfish?"
    I like my goldfish, but honestly, I was not expecting him to survive long enough for me to have to worry about it.
    And now we put petty things aside.

   I have never been lead by God to do something as bold as to leave everything and everyone I know and obey Him, and that excites me. I may joke about spending my days in North Dakota alone and staring at the mountainless landscape, but I really am excited. and I do think it will be a great season of life and I will learn a lot. God could call me anywhere to do anything and it would be exciting solely by the fact that God called me.

So please pray with me as I go -- For provision and moments with God, for the people I will meet and get to share with, and that I won't miss home more than I can bare

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to the Anonymous Individual

Missional Worship

“Reflecting.” A poem by me