Adventures with Beccca

    You see, life in a dorm can get kind of dull. And sometimes you have to do something to keep things exciting. Let's just say last night I was having one of those times.
    It was that time of day when I am in my pajamas but it still won't be a decent bedtime for at least two more hours, so I am required to stay awake. I got all my homework finished, my roommate was gone and had been gone for awhile, and I had been sitting for way too long. You know the feeling -- it's like you need to go actually do something because you've started to feel like one of the humans on Wall-E.
    There was no one to talk to, and no one to hang out with. I wanted to go outside, but I was already in my pajamas... this left me in quite the predicament. Therefore, I decided (for obvious reasons) to turn off all the lights, shut the door, throw a blanket over my head, and walk around my room exploring in complete darkness. Because what else was I supposed to do?
    After exploring around for awhile and finding my bed and my desk and the microwave a couple times, I decided I would find the door. I succeeded and moved on in the expected succession of events (things that would occur without much thought at this point) that include finding the doorknob and opening the door. The funny thing is, it just so happened that my roommate was walking back to our room at that same time, and the very moment she stepped in front of our door was the very moment I joyfully opened our door like an oblivious little blanket monster.

    Just picture it. Me, silently towering in the doorway of a dark room with a blanket strewn over my head, and no explanation as to why on earth this is going on.

    You have to understand something. When I am alone, I have no form of reference or awareness of what I do that may be considered odd. It is just me, and I'm having fun. But as soon as a witness gets thrown into the picture, I am immediately snapped into reality and forced to realize just how outlandish of a reputation I am currently creating for myself.
    There was a very short moment of silence that allowed me to quickly remove my blanket and for both of us to properly soak in the present situation.

    "What... are you doing?" she managed to choke out before we both burst into laughter we could hardly contain for minutes on end.

    "It gets a little dull when you're gone....."

Comments

  1. Hahahahah. I love this story so much. You're such a cool human

    ReplyDelete
  2. BECCCA! This is the funniest thing I've read all day :D I'm glad I decided to creepily stalk way back through your blog...lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to the Anonymous Individual

Missional Worship

“Reflecting.” A poem by me