To Sit Silently

I started to let myself worry that I would show up in August to Ellendale, and spend the next 8 months essentially staring blankly at empty fields and missing home. I thought that perhaps this "year of adventure" would turn out to be a year of humdrum, all the while my close friends would be going off doing something actually dauntless and worthwhile. So this morning, I wallowed in my dismal pajamas.

That is until I was kindly told "do your devotions." by my best friend.
So I did.
And the Lord (being the Lord), knew exactly what He wanted to tell me.

"What good is a girl with a funny hat in the empty fields of North Dakota?" I asked God. I thought my feelings were justified. But no sooner than I could come up with another gloomy remark -- He comforted me with the warmest reassurance. I realized that it is better to sit silently in the will of God than it is to travel across the planet on my own. Not only that, but I would much rather stand in a field where He led me than to backpack across a country in some selfish endeavor.

personally, when considering my future and defining "an adventure" to myself, it can be simply described as "to obey God."

If that is so, then my adventure starts today.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to the Anonymous Individual

Missional Worship

“Reflecting.” A poem by me