Roommate Appreciation

Maddie

    Prior to my arrival, one of my biggest apprehensions was the suspense of meeting my roommate. I had so many questions. How did I know we would get along? I'm not the kind to typically have a lot in common with... well, anyone. What would she think of my vicious looking back-scratcher?

    See, I wake up around six every morning. I had this plan to hide bubble wrap on the floor just to scare her every time she stepped on it. I had no idea how she was going to be able to handle me.
    But I happened to get the one girl who could handle me. Now, we hide bubble wrap under our doormat to scare everyone who walks in. We're like a team, and we feed off of the goofy child in each other.
 the camo jacket door
    We have the same favorite color, the same sense of humor. She will even climb trees with me! Just today, we found out that we both like to drink pickle juice.
That's not a very common commonality.

    Really,
    Maddie is an answer to prayer. It is nice to have someone that will sort of go along with me as I have this first experience away from home. I look forward to knowing her even better at the end of this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to the Anonymous Individual

Missional Worship

“Reflecting.” A poem by me